Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A New Year's Eve Setting

Another Christmas has come and gone, and a brand new year on the way!  I am so grateful for the many acts of kindness that were showered on me during this time.  I received many thoughtful and beautiful gifts, and I so appreciate the many cards and emails I received.  Most importantly, I appreciate my friends and family who show me kindness just by the way they treat me.  I don't care what bag they carry, how attractive they are, or what their husband does for a living.  What matters to me is if I am treated with sincerity and kindness.  But I also know that it starts with me.  In order to have a friend, you must be a friend.  This year I will try to show my gratitude for all the kindnesses I receive by being prompt with thank-yous--even if it's just a telephone call or a quick email.  I will try to be personal, and I will try to do it all with sincerity and honesty.

Today's table is for New Year's Eve (even though I still haven't posted my Christmas table), and I "shopped the house" for all the tabletop items.
This table starts with a white cloth with a silver design and a silver runner.
I normally don't do napkin folds, but I found this one on the internet, and thought it was cute.  Of course, my patience is limited, and mine doesn't look exactly like the one demonstrated on line, but it will do!
Mirrored chargers are a Tuesday morning purchase, and the china is Opal Innocence by Lenox.  I received two placesettings of this for Christmas, adding to the five I already had purchased from Craigslist.
For the centerpiece, I used a beautiful crystal bowl and a silver gazing ball, which reminded me of the ball that drops in Times Square.  The white stuff (I have no idea what it's called) reminds me a bit of fireworks and that silly string.  I found it at a local interior design store.
I used silver "disco" balls, mercury glass and silver votives, and silver beads. 
One white lily in a mercury glass vase worked for each end of the table.
This was the first tablescape I've done that I've broken something in the process.  The water goblets are Crown Point by Gorham.  The champagne flutes are Raffaello by RCR--now I have only 5 of them.

Candleholders are Navarre by Fostoria. 









Goodnight!  Thanks for stopping by!  I am so thankful for all the great friends I have met through my blog and I am really grateful for your kind comments! 
 HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS!

22 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous and unique table, very festive. Happy New Year to you also.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bling on your table! I love the tuxedo napkins! The charges are stunning! A perfect end of year table setting! Can't wait to see what 2012 brings for you!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always amaze me with your Perfect Settings :) of course your Dining Room qualifies as a perfect setting itself! I adore your napkin fold! Your mirror/gazing balls are perfect and I love that you captured the blue hour in your shots! So sorry to hear about breaking your flutes :( Wishing you all the best in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a totally lovely setting. sorry about the glass. Your centerpieces are amazing. The folded napkin certainly brings out the colors of the runner and makes the design in the table pop.. Here's hoping the new year brings much warmth, cheer and many, many blessings. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your shimmery place settings. They go beautifully with your gray dining room decor. Happy New Year! Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo sooo elegant...ready for the New Year...the napkins are so cleverly done...I am a new follower of yours and I will be back again...love those chairs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I love your dining room, the chairs are beautiful.
    A perfect setting! The napkin fold is great Love the china pattern too.
    My Christmas present was 12 mirrored chargers! Now all I need is YOUR china!
    Happy 2012, many more beautiful tablescapes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this table with all the bling...dazzling!
    Sorry you broke one of the water goblets.
    Happy New Year, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful winter table...so sorry you broke a glass :-(

    As I've told you before, your dining room is just gorgeous! Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I think that you've now achieved that perfect setting! Happy New Year! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever napkin fold! The dishes go so well with the tablecloth and the centerpiece is perfect for the occasion. Sorry about the glass! Happy New Year!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous table. Elegant classy, just perfect! Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an absolutely brilliant table! I just love the tablecloth. I have a similar one in gold, but the silver is fantastic and those chargers would have just jumped in my cart if I had seen them. Your centerpiece is beautiful. I am glad you took the time for the napkin fold because it is wonderful. Have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Your table is so beautiful and elegant. So many classy touches. The china is gorgeous as are the chargers. Happy New Year.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really gorgeous and sorry about the flute... :/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi lovely lady.
    This is such an elegant tablescape! Very festive and tasteful! I love everything about this look. Thanks so much for sharing! Now I know how you can say A Perfect Setting.. will this is the one you did love it. I hope you have a wonderful New Year with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful dining room! I love the napkin folds, looking like tuxedo shirts, and matching the elegant table runner. Your dining room windows capture the blue light perfectly. Gliter and shine to you throughout the New Year. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. That just makes me want to cry that the goblet got broken!!! :-( It just gives you kind of a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach, doesn't it? I hope you're able to find a replacement for it. I'll bet the New Year will bring you an excellent deal on 5 more at the price of one! :-) You did an outstanding job with this table, and I LOVE the runner and tablecloth!!! They go perfectly with that gorgeous china. I love the name of the china. It just sounds so....sweet! The swirls of the linen match the swirls in the china, and it's just gorgeous together. I think those are perhaps ostrich feathers beneath the ball? I know that the big ostrich feathers are more recognizable, but I think that is the smaller part. Not certain. You really hit the jackpot when you found those chargers at Tuesday Morning! REALLY hit the jackpot!!! I hope you have a safe and fun New Year's Eve celebration, and I look forward to seeing more or your talent in 2012!!! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so beautiful. Your windows look amazing with the blue hour light. The chargers are just stunning and that is one of my favorite china patterns. Wishing you the best in the new year. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just wanted to pop back and say thanks for your kind comments. Looking forward to great inspiration from all my fellow tablescapersin 2012 and now you will be one of them since I am also following you! Dianne

    ReplyDelete