Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Festive Christmas Tablesetting

Since it's the most wonderful time of the year, there is little time to chat, so I'll get right down to it.  Decorations, cooking, shopping, wrapping--oh my!!  Here we go!!

For a casual tablescape, I decided to go with red and lime green when I saw these cute little salad plates in HomeGoods.
I put these with a red dinner plate and metal chargers that I found at Tuesday Morning. 

They have a cute little Christmas tree design in the center.

This little lime green tree was calling my name, also from HomeGoods.


Cranberry martinis rimmed with green sugar make a festive drink this time of year.  The martini glasses were purchased at a local gift shop, but I've seen them in other stores, just can't remember where...

Lime green napkins add a pop of color and are tied with glitzy red and lime green ribbon.



Green branches were layered with different Christmas stems I found in Michaels and Tuesday morning.

This table was fun to do, and the colors really got me in the spirit of things!

I also added a few glitzy lime green ornaments on the red table runner.

Crystal candlesticks hold lime green tapers.


A few more shots, with candlelight!




Thanks for visiting, I appreciate your kind comments.  Please come back soon as I will post the rest of my Christmas decorations!!

11 comments:

  1. Your blog title says it all! What else can I say...beautiful table. I love the icicles hanging at the top of some pictures, they almost had me fooled!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours, Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I love it! I like the lime green mix in there and the striped chargers! Very cheerful and colorful! Your centerpiece turned out perfect! The ribbons on the stemware are so cute! Looks wonderful! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv,luv,luv the LIME green with the red... So fresh... And the stripped chargers are the icing on the cake!!! Fabulous table...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lime green looks so fresh with the red. I love those plates with the tree. I could use a cranberry martini right now ( in that cute glass!). It's been a long day. Thanks for sharing.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Those plates with the tree and the striped rim are just wonderful. Home Goods is such a fabulous treasure hunt isn't it. The mercury glass tree is a wonderful centerpiece. Everything is just perfect for a beautiful Christmas table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love all the details and the "ice" hanging in the middle. I am really like the trees also. Beautiful and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your table! It is fun, festive and colorful! Love the metallic tree and spires! The colors are great! I really love those chargers!!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw those gorgeous salad plates at TJ Maxx or Marshalls recently, and they only had 2 of them, I think...so I left them there. My heart was broken because they were on clearance and I would have loved to have had at least 6. I can just admire them from afar with your blog post! :-) They are beautiful!!! Those chargers are pretty slick, too! They look terrific with the way you've set up the table. Your napkin treatment is really neat! Easy to just tug it loose when ready to use the napkin...very cool! Wait...I just noticed...I think you and I have the same goldtone flatware. (I've had a cocktail this evening, so maybe I'm imagining things!) Beautiful icicle treatment overhead!!! Great idea! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those plates are wonderful. I especially adore the striped chargers. The table is so pretty down to the metallic tree. Great job on the icicles....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must have been slacking...how did I miss those darling striped chargers at Tuesday Morning. I'm pretty sure there is not a chance they'll still be there...but I'll check. Wonderful Christmas tablescape. I really like the icicles dripping over the table. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete