Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Summer Setting

It seems that a lot of folks are having blogaversaries this summer.  Mine is coming up late August.  It has been a challenge for me as of late to stay on top of it all, and I admit I haven't had as much time to comment as I would like.  Having an outlet for my passion of all things related to tablesetting has been a blessing in disguise.  With both kids flying from the nest, I needed something fun to keep me from going stir crazy.  I certainly enjoy my treasure hunts, my hands-on tablesetting, and my visits with the many talented bloggers with whom I have grown to know and love.  So forgive me if I haven't commented on your site lately.  I know once fall arrives and child #2 is off spreading his wings, I will be anxiously awaiting your next lovely posts!

This table feels "summery" to me, with its bright pink and orange!  I found this tablecloth on sale at Home Goods a while back, and I loved the colors.  I think the brand is Mirabelle? 

Since the "ditch" lillies were beginning to fade, I gathered all that were left and used them in this orange vase I also found at Home Goods.  Luckily, they just opened a new store within minutes of my home, now I don't have to drive all the way across town to shop.

I used an orange scarf as a table runner.  I found these silver candleholders in an upstairs bathroom.  I forget they are there, but they worked great with the tablecloth.

The place setting consists of plain silver chargers, white plates, and hot pink napkins.  Sherbet is Fostoria Navarre.



The iced beverage glasses to the left are Heisey Crystalite and I'm not sure about the wines, but they were my Mom's.


I tried to brush this little ladybug off the cloth many times, but she wasn't budging!



I guess my son's water basketball hoop sorta ruins this picture, but as long as he and his friends come over and use it, it is staying right where it is!




Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy these lazy days of summer, they are fleeting!  I always appreciate your kind comments!!


18 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful table setting and tablescape. The pool in the background is awesome. I love the tablecloth, dinnerplates, heisey, fostoria. Oh, heck, I love it all. Thanks for sharing. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH..la! la! I love the orange and pink combo! So...who got to enjoy the setting?
    Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love orange, and with the hot pink, wow, this is gorgeous. We call ditch lilies "tiger" lilies here. One of my favorite flowers. I really need to plant some. I love your yard and pool, so lovely. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to add, ladybugs bring good luck. Probably why she didn't want to leave! xo,

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tablecloth really sets the tone for the whole table. Perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really a perfect setting! Love the tablecloth. Oh I just wish we had a Home Goods in our town, in the county, in a 100 mile radius.. lucky you. It all looks so pretty and so refreshing. Many blessings, marlis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you used the blue of your pool to establish the perfect complimentary color scheme of blue and orange. I don't think of using orange very often, and is always stunning. You've inspired me to give it more thought. Thanks for sharing your beautiful design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I just love this table setting~! The colors are gorgeous and that table cloth is stunning! Everything looks so pretty for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was about to say, "Stunning!" Then I saw the word used in the comments by Cherry Kay and Diann ... what the heck, it IS stunning! Love the location you've selected, the fresh, happy colors, and (oh my) the beautiful vintage elegant glassware from Heisey and Fostoria! I've never seen "classic" orange lilies look so impressive. Overall -- PERFECT!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the unexpected color combination of orange and pink. Your table made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning table! Beautiful combination of orange and pink..I just LOVE it! Everything looks so great here! The summer colours are so fresh, elegant glassware! Thanks for sharing:)
    Now, am your newest follower...hope you will follow me back:)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Betsy! Your patio and pool are really beautiful and the tablescape is wonderful. I love your dishes and the new tablecloth. I hope you are having a wonderful summer.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. You table is wonderful, especially against the pool backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so relaxing to sit by the pool and dine in the open! Love the tablecloth! I like the design on the crystal stemware and how it seems reflective of the trim on the plates! Pretty table!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful by the pool setting. Love your color combination and your flowers are perfect. I actually like your son's hoops -- it shows that your family is important as well as your guests and that's what makes a home a place of welcome and sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how pretty this is out by your pool! I love the pink and orange together. The tablecloth is so pretty. Thanks for linking it up at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete