Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Cool Pool Setting

When we installed our pool, many decisions had to be made, some of which I would do differently if I were to do it all again.  In the beginning, we had wanted a sunken hot tub, but our contractor pool guy talked us out of it.  So we put it above ground, separated from the pool by a wall with waterfalls.  My hubby calls it the mausoleum, big enough for a body to be burired there.  From the very beginning, I did not like the pool tiles on the wall.  So since they had begun to fall off, we finally decided to replace them with stone.  I am very happy with the way it turned out!  Here is the before picture, which I am sure you have seen many times in the background of my tablescapes:

And here is the AFTER shot:

A big improvement, I think.

Here is a shot with the waterfalls.

I think I just might jump in...

Stay cool!!

6 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love the stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a difference! Love the stone, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the stone!!! What a difference, I know you're thrilled with the results! Your pool is gorgeous!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic upgrade...in fact, a "Perfect Setting"!!

    Your pool looks like it was installed yesterday, now.

    Loved your patriotic tablescape & I have to tell you how much I love your header. It makes me lean closer to the computer screen every time it comes up. Just Beautiful!

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete