Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Thanksgiving Tablescape

How are your preparations coming along for the holidays?  I am still working on the basics--having my carpets cleaned, some painting done, and dare I say it, cleaning out the garage.  It had gotten so bad that I didn't have room to bring my Christmas decorations down.  I like to use the garage as a sort of staging area--so that I don't trip over boxes lying in the floor.  Usually it is not this cold, so I am bundling up, and going out today to work on my staircase garland.  

In the meantime, I ran across these pictures of Thanksgiving 2013.  Guess I didn't have time to post, so here's a few from last year--in hopes that they will inspire!  
Again, I used my Battenburg lace cloth.  This tablecloth fits my table well with all the leaves in.
I kept the table uncluttered, and used a simple epergne-like bowl which held flowers, greenery, and candles.
The greenery, leland cypress and magnolia, are greens I frequently use for the holidays.
The centerpiece base is silver and the bowl is crystal, with arms extending to hold the candles.
The silver chargers were a Goodwill find, and I frequently use them for formal dinners.
I have been collecting vintage crystal with the gold-plate around the outside.  I find them at estate sales and online auctions.  These I used for iced tea and water.
I don't know the manufacturer of these, but I love the look.
I accessorized the table with silver pumpkins and gourds, and gold pumpkin candles.
My daughter hates it when I use place cards, but I find it's a lot less hectic when people can quickly find their seats. 
I used the kitchen table for desserts.  I also had a couple show up that didn't RSVP, so I had to quickly add two place settings to the kitchen table.  Worked out ok, and I was glad they came.
Since I'm not having a huge crowd this year, I will probably also use the kitchen for serving.  There will just be eight of us this year.  Still a lot to do, so I better get up and get going!  Thanks for your visit, and I hope you and yours have a very special, happy Thanksgiving!


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous table! It's so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! You can always do it again, it's great!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is beautiful - the gold pumpkins really added a spark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a very pretty table and the gold rimmed stemware is beautiful! Wishing you a great Thanksgiving Day and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolutely beautiful table: elegant and inviting. Love your gold-edged crystal paired with your china!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete